Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 CONTINUITY EXERCISE 

 

For this Continuity Exercise I worked with Finn Hanley, Ben Richardson and Sam De Bruin. My role in this exercise was coming up with the idea, being the main character and editing the clips. Finn Hanley was the cameraman, he ensured that we had followed a suitable structure for this exercise. To do this Finn shot many different angles including; Two Shot, Reaction Shot, Point of View shot, Close up, Over the Shoulder, Tracking Shot, Three Shot, Low to High and Panning Shot. Sam De Bruin and Ben Richardson were both actors and illustrated the storyboard.

Editing

One of my roles was editing. To edit I used the program Final Cut Pro X and for filming Finn Hanley used an iPhone 11. The first thing I did was detach all the audio from the clips. This was because it was very windy and there were also no diegetic noises involved either. Once all the audio was detached from the clips, I then started to cut all the clips to get rid of any surplus shots that were not needed. Once I had organised all the footage, I then started piecing together the video to align with the storyboard that we set out to create. Instead of using any transitions I used hard cuts. This is because the nature of our story is based on a tense football event. Therefore, I felt using transitions wouldn’t replicate what people would see if they were to actually watch the football on Tv. I decided to then find on the internet clips of football commentators that I thought would complement our footage the best. Once I had downloaded these clips, I then had to cut them and make sure they were in sync with our footage. Once the audio matched what was on the screen the video was done.



No comments:

Post a Comment