Sunday, July 4, 2021


 



MATTHEW HEYNS 
CANDIDATE NUMBER 1828
CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680


My production team: Finn Hanley 1824 , Ben Richardson 1853, Samuel De Bruin 1815

My brief was to produce a film opening that lasted a maximum of two minutes. The title of our film was called Suspect. Our murder mystery places three random suspects who have never met before as the three masterminds behind the murder of Lottie Wilson. Although the genre of our opening sequence is a murder mystery, there are elements of humour within the opening sequence, this humour is generated through the direct contrast in our suspects personalities.


Editing
My main responsibility was the editing. I edited both the poster and our final production. The software I used to edit the poster was Adobe’s Photoshop. Whereas when editing our opening sequence, I opted to use Final Cut Pro X. My role was to piece together the storyline by selecting the right camera angles I believe we needed to make the result look good.

Directing
There was a good balance of ideas between the four of us in the production team. I started with the initial idea of a murder mystery, however, as a team we were able to develop that idea into our final production. When filming scenes if someone didn’t think something look right, they would often say something, this made it easy to come out with our best product.

Camerawork
Just like directing the job of who controlled the camera was also fairly distributed. As we were all in at least one scene, it meant that everyone got a chance to film when they were not busy acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment