Thursday, November 19, 2020

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE


With the data collected from my audience questionnaire and profiling my audience I can establish fully who my target audience is. It is important is for the success of my movie to make sure I have a clear understanding of my target audience; how to access them and how to keep them engage. To gain a good idea of who my target audience is I need to ask myself the following questions:

1. Who is my primary target audience?

My movie opening is targeted at an audience between ages 15-35. This is because through my audience research I found that this is the age range most likely to watch our genre of movie. My project is targeted at both male and female viewers who are British. The genre of our movie is a murder mystery drama.

2. What kind of films are they likely to prefer?



3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?

Due to the target age group it is likely that the majority of our viewers engage with social media like: Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter. Therefore, to ensure our information for our movie is available to the wider public, it would be efficient to publish posters and information on those selected social medias. As Instagram, Facebook and Twitter all follow a very similar algorithm that suggests topics that users are interested in, it would help for our movie to further expand into a larger market because more people would be able to see our advertisements. In contrast if they had minimal interaction on social media, it would be beneficial for to release posters in public places because will attract a wider audience. Furthermore, if they chose to watch out film there are many possible ways to do so, maybe through the use of streaming apps like: Disney Plus, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime and Sky Box Office. Finally, if they decided to watch the film through an alternative, they might choose to go to a movie theatre like Odeon or Everyman. All these platforms are different ways our target audience choose to watch and access information to films.

4. What brands do they prefer?


5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?

I think because our film uses the enigma code to engage the audience it will stand out from our competition because they used a spectacle to engage the audience. Therefore, our approach will make our movie stand out more because it makes the audience feel more interacted with the storyline.

6. Why should my audience watch my film?

My audience should watch my film because I believe it is a concept that is very engaging to this target audience. With the hope of my film being well edited and using complex camera angles and shots, I hope for my audience to watch my film in appreciation of the camera work and editing as well as the storyline. I plan for my film to create an atmosphere that my audience almost feel they are part of in some ways. Because my film relates to real life the combination of futuristic effects, I think this film will interest the audience due to the connections they can make with it. The idea we came up with is completely fresh and we haven’t seen anything like it, therefore, if successfully created it will be like nothing the audience has ever seen before.


1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful and well-detailed. Can you be more specific in your last two points?

    ReplyDelete